QMI Services Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when requesting an Insurance Quotation, then you can be assured that it will only be collected, stored and used in accordance with this privacy statement and in an appropriate and lawful manner,
QMI Services Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What information do we collect?
Depending on the form you have completed, we collect only the following information:
- Your contact information including telephone, postal address & email address
- Your Vehicle information
- Information on your driving experience
- Driving licence Held and number of years it has been held
- Other relevant information required to provide an insurance quote
We never request or store any sensitive data or financial information.
What we do with the information we gather?
The information is stored on our systems and is provided to our approved panel of insurance brokers so they can:
- Contact you direct to discuss your requirements.
- Provide you with an insurance quotation.
- Contact you through the quotation process
- QMI will never contact you direct unless it’s in response to a specific communication from you.
- There may be recipients of your data in connection with legitimate business interests in processing your Insurance quote, these include, our approved brokers, Insurers and credit agencies where premium funding has been arranged.
- We will keep your data for as long as we legally have to; otherwise we will keep the information as long as is necessary when the law requires it. Otherwise our retention policy is five years from our last contact.
Your rights under GDPR
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you; once we receive your request we will respond within 30 days. There are no fees applied for the first request but subsequent requests for the same data which are unfounded or excessive may be subject to an administration fee
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data; you may contact us to update or rectify any data we hold on you and we will update this in a timely manner
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances; when we receive your request we will confirm if we can erase all of your data or whether we need to retain any of it to comply with a legal obligation
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website as not all functions will work correctly.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website that requires your personal data, we specifically require you to accept our terms before any of your information is or can be processed and stored.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any other third parties, other than those identified on our website, as approved insurance brokers, unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the GDPR May 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to review this policy to ensure that it is effective and it is achieving its objectives.